Thread: Using Smoke Dip to turn chrome wheels into a Black Chrome?

Using Smoke Dip to turn chrome wheels into a Black Chrome?

has anyone tried to use the smoke spray to get a "black chrome" look out of their wheels? im very curious about this one now!!

Re: Using Smoke Dip to turn chrome wheels into a Black Chrome?

Yes I can get you a link hold on

Sent from my big freakin phone using Tapatalk 2

2nd Kingpin Dipper
    2nd OG Dipper
    My Camry Thread
    Facebook Page

Re: Using Smoke Dip to turn chrome wheels into a Black Chrome?

Never mind when the forum was transferred to a new server almost all pictures were lost that were posted

Sent from my big freakin phone using Tapatalk 2

2nd Kingpin Dipper
    2nd OG Dipper
    My Camry Thread
    Facebook Page

see this DYC video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR0djNWecKo

its not on wheels, but he smokes the chrome grille, so you can see how the chrome will end up looking. i used it on my license plate frame and it gives a matte gunmetal type look, looks nice though and i would definitely smoke out chrome rims, chrome rims are ugly anyway.

but definitely do it it looks good. it wont be like hyper black or glossy though, just darker, and you can add in glossifier i guess to get a 'black chrome' hyper black type look.

I smoked my Hyper Black wheels, to be honest it looked great but it didn't hold up at all, after a week it was peeling because the Plasti-Dip Smoke isn't as Thick as the Black,Charcoal,Gunmetal or any of the Colors. It's very thin.

yea the smoke is very thin, if you want a darker look you can do 1 light coat of black and then smoke over it, but you have to make sure you get that light coat of black even so its not spotty looking. or what you can also do is use clear as a basecoat since thats pretty thick like the colors, and then do smoke over that, you'll just get a matte look though no chrome, will turn more gunmetal i guess.