Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Kind of Sprayer to get?

Exclamation What Kind of Sprayer to get?

Hello Forum,

First Thread here. I am going to be dipping my whole BMW tomorrow but I am not sure as to which is the best sprayer to purchase. I have seen Fonzie use the Wagner Control Spray Plus and the Earlex 3500 HVLP Paint Sprayer. I personally think the Wagner Control Spray Plus is a better quality, but Im not sure what works best to Plasti dip the whole car. Any suggestions are Greatly appreciated!! Thank you guys.

I don't know about the Earlex but the Wagner is great. Last night I was shooting a box van at my friend's bodyshop and he couldn't spray dip with any of his 800.00 automotive guns. Then he was floored at how perfectly the dip sprays with the Wagner.

What do you use??

Quote Originally Posted by Precious Metal View Post
    I don't know about the Earlex but the Wagner is great. Last night I was shooting a box van at my friend's bodyshop and he couldn't spray dip with any of his 800.00 automotive guns. Then he was floored at how perfectly the dip sprays with the Wagner.
    That is good to know....What have you used or own??? (spray equipment)

Seasoned Dipper
    The Earlex is an awesome gun!!! Highly recommend. Not a fan I the Warner's especially after using the Earlex. It's very easy to use and works really well in wheels also. There is a gun that they sell at Lowes that's almost identical to the Earlex. It's a Graco. Someone on the forum has used it already with great results. Only downfall is it has 450 watts instead of 500.

I was actually looking at the Graco last night at Lowe's. I think I was looking at the Pro???17

Don't really know the first thing about these guns. But when I research them, this will be the first

My Wagner works great

just got me a wagner but i would say go for the 3500 its way better i just didnt have the money
    I was sane once.
    A man named Fonzie came to me with a can
    It was what was in that can that drove me Mad
    -MAD MITO

Fourth Big Dipper (500/post)
    First Pro Dipper (1000/post)
    First Veteran Dipper (1500/post)
    Third OG Dipper (3000/post)
    Third KingPin Dipper (4000/post)

OMG earlex is night and day, believe me. We went through 3 wagners and they don't even compare. Defiantly worth the investment.

Quote Originally Posted by diphaus View Post
    OMG earlex is night and day, believe me. We went through 3 wagners and they don't even compare. Defiantly worth the investment.
    Hey, just out of curiosity what makes the Earlex so much better? I have heard that it is good and it is making me consider purchasing one but I want to get my money's worth. I feel like I get a pretty good finish already with the Wagner here's a pretty good pic of the texture on my car. It is the driver side fender and edge of the hood. If it's going to improve that much and the gun really works well I'll invest in it. Also do you have the 3500 or 5500?

that is pretty smooth...........and i agree, my wagner gets things pretty smooth.........is the earlex that much better

has anyone used the Graco HV2900 ???

I just picked up a Graco 3900 and it's 550 watts. I will be spraying my B7 A4 as soon as the weather in the Boston area lets me. The 2900 has 450 watts. The 3900 also came with a back pack attatchment that holds 1.5 gallons.

yeah im trying to figure out if i should get a better gun from dip your car or use the one i got ill probable spring for the new one when i open up my dip shop
    I was sane once.
    A man named Fonzie came to me with a can
    It was what was in that can that drove me Mad
    -MAD MITO

Fourth Big Dipper (500/post)
    First Pro Dipper (1000/post)
    First Veteran Dipper (1500/post)
    Third OG Dipper (3000/post)
    Third KingPin Dipper (4000/post)