Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Quick question about Glossifier

  1. #1

    Quick question about Glossifier

    Hello so my glossifier will be coming in a little less then a week, but I was wondering if i can spray my mirrors today in a mat black and then in a week spray the gloss on for example. So basically can I wait and spray glossifier later or do I need to spray it like another coat right after the black? Will it react differently or will it look the same?
    Thanks
    I will learn to be a master dipper, in time :P

  2. #2
    Veteran Dipper zccrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Texarkana Tx
    Posts
    1,645
    Its fine to spray it later. A coulpe of people like to spray the gloss coat before the last coat is dry, but i have never noticed and difference doing it that way.
    #VKC
    #VKCORIGINAL

  3. #3
    Thank you very much
    Quote Originally Posted by zccrx View Post
    Its fine to spray it later. A coulpe of people like to spray the gloss coat before the last coat is dry, but i have never noticed and difference doing it that way.
    I will learn to be a master dipper, in time :P

  4. #4
    I've sprayed gloss on both wet and dry dip and had the same results both times. So i don't think it matters much. As long as the surface is properly prepped if it is dry.
    2006 Mazdaspeed 6 Black with metal flake

  5. #5
    I prefer to spray gloss on dry or semi-dry PD... When spraying gloss on wet PD you run the risk of the gloss coat or parts of the gloss coat being pulled in /absorbed in certain areas more deeper whereas in other areas the majority of the gloss coat will sit on top on the freshly laid PD so when you look at your project from a distance you will see some more glossy areas than others parts. When spraying gloss coat on DRY PD it will ensure the gloss coat sits entirely on top and distribute evenly across the entire project.

  6. #6
    Thanks for the tip didnt think about that, but totally understand what you are saying
    Quote Originally Posted by billytk03z View Post
    I prefer to spray gloss on dry or semi-dry PD... When spraying gloss on wet PD you run the risk of the gloss coat or parts of the gloss coat being pulled in /absorbed in certain areas more deeper whereas in other areas the majority of the gloss coat will sit on top on the freshly laid PD so when you look at your project from a distance you will see some more glossy areas than others parts. When spraying gloss coat on DRY PD it will ensure the gloss coat sits entirely on top and distribute evenly across the entire project.
    I will learn to be a master dipper, in time :P

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Auto Dips View Post
    Thanks for the tip didnt think about that, but totally understand what you are saying
    PS... IMHO it's ok to spray a PD color at a later time because you are covering whatsever underneath but I would not wait to spray Glossifier at a later date.... When you spray Glossifier what ever is sitting on top of the car/truck at the time is going to show through... so if you sprayed PD and then waited a week to spray glossifier just make sure you clean the surface of the PD because if you don't the accumulated dirt, bugs, etc... will show through the gloss... I personally believe if you intend to use Glossifier you should do it all the same day... After the PD is dry/semi-dry.....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •