Thread: Dipping Side skirt, and bottom of rear bumper/diffuser and front bumper.

Dipping Side skirt, and bottom of rear bumper/diffuser and front bumper.

Hello, I am getting tired of all this rock scratches and shit. So I wana try something new with dips. I want to clear dip the front bumper, and black dip the side skirts and bottom of the rear bumper. Did anyone ever dipped any of those parts. If so please give me any feedback and pictures. thanks

You can dip pretty much anything if you wanted too. The only thing is that clear dip is really thin so you're going to have to add a lot more layers(coats) to make it thick enough. It's not as thick as colored dip. You can do it it's just long you're going to have to be repairing it once it gets chips and what not in it. It will save your vehicles paint and clear coat though.
    "Plasti-Dip is not Paint."

Isn't clear the same consistency as regular dip? I was under the impression that it was just gloss that was a lot thinner. Either way, lots of people do it. Just out of curiosity, what kind of car is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yes, clear is the same consistency as regular or colored dip. Tacoma13 is confusing clear with glossifier but to his defense I have seen people refer to glossifier as clear many times.

I got a 2010 corolla, dipped the Wheels(i put too many coats and it came out bad), dipped all the emblems, mirror and front bumper splitter. Now im doing rear tail light black as well. for my side skirt, it goes under the door panel. So any idea how i should dip them?
    You can look at the pic at :http://www.flickr.com/photos/9429780...n/photostream/

If its possible, I would suggest removing them. Thats what I had to do with mine. It makes it much easier to get good coverage. It should only be a few screws and some plastic clips that hold them on.