Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plasti dip over rust

Plasti dip over rust

i have a 1995 honda civic with typical honda rust. iv fixed the rust with putty but after you spray paint it the paint looks like crap
    anyways does anyone think it would be worth dipping my civic if i puttied it ? im assuming the rust might bubble back up under it

its worth a shot i would do a small section.

I'm going to try it on my 2000 impala ls. You post yours and I'll post mine.

im not going to bother doing it just because im worried if its even worth it or not
    i would love to see how yours turns out tho

Highly recommend full even surfaces, if there is any disruption in the surface you will still see it, as for the bubbles, as long as its clean and dry and not put on to heavy it should not bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
    Highly recommend full even surfaces, if there is any disruption in the surface you will still see it, as for the bubbles, as long as its clean and dry and not put on to heavy it should not bubble.
    thanks for the advice ill def reconsider doing my car...

Plastidipping a car is so cheap, and fully reversible, not sure why you got to the point where you had to reconsider lol.

Why would I waste time money and product ? If rust was going to make it look like crap.

Rust can be sanded down! The plasti-dip is a cheap solution that will cover it up, and since it's rubberized, it'll probably go a long way in preventing new rust spots from forming.
    If you're planning on holding onto the Honda for a while longer, and you're not happy with it's look, then you might as well give the Plasti-Dip a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin0bi View Post
    Rust can be sanded down! The plasti-dip is a cheap solution that will cover it up, and since it's rubberized, it'll probably go a long way in preventing new rust spots from forming.
    If you're planning on holding onto the Honda for a while longer, and you're not happy with it's look, then you might as well give the Plasti-Dip a go.
    Well said, cause that is exacly what I am doing. Sand it, prime it, dip it.
    DO IT RIGHT, DO IT ONCE
    Jack of many
    Prince of a few
    King of One

yeah i wouldnt want bumps in my dip

well put, going to do it next week !

you should be able to sand the rust down. Theoretically, spraying the rust with PD should stop the rust from spreading because it will keep the water out

Hard as a Brick; Bad as can be

I plan on doing this same thing with my 07 Focus ST, can't decide to do white or black

the bottom rocker is chipped underneath and starting to rust and chip away extra paint as more rocks hit into it... Wish I woulda bought mud flaps from the getgo :|

Plasti dip over rust

I would think sanding it beforehand would be a good thing to do

502dipping
    Louisville,KY