Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matte White PlaticDip Infiniti FX45

Matte White PlaticDip Infiniti FX45

*Update* Mistake photos on 3rd page.

Just did it last night. First timer and i think i messed up on a few parts because their's heavy texture on the hood and some parts of the car. Was it because i moved the gun too fast or sprayed too far away from the car? Seemed like it might have been too light of a coat in that section so the material just dusted over the car instead of covering really wet and giving me my smooth matte finish.

Is there any way to fix that?

Here's a few pics of the car.

Last edited by iMotion; 07-26-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Holy mutha luvin sheeeeeeeit that is a twisted FX45, the hottest one I've ever seen.
    -How many gallons did you use? did you get enough coverage?
    -Please post close-up pics of the trouble spots,

Either way your ride is hot.

Quote Originally Posted by DigirtalXDream View Post
    Holy mutha luvin sheeeeeeeit that is a twisted FX45, the hottest one I've ever seen.
    -How many gallons did you use? did you get enough coverage?
    -Please post close-up pics of the trouble spots,

Either way your ride is hot.
    Thanks man... i'll take some pics tomorrow morning when there's light out. I did about 4 gallons and i think it was enough. When i went to peel the windows off it was really thick and came off easy.

Nice dude! Funny thing is that i'm about to dip my Fx this weekend (maybe) same color as well. Now, i can see how it will look. I order four gallons. Was four gallons enough for you? Sick ride though!

Quote Originally Posted by zara View Post
    Nice dude! Funny thing is that i'm about to dip my Fx this weekend (maybe) same color as well. Now, i can see how it will look. I order four gallons. Was four gallons enough for you? Sick ride though!
    Without doing the roof i think 4 gallons is perfect. Don't forget to take off the weather stripping off the doors. We don't have the gaps need like some other cars. After washing my car the only place that water snuck up on me while spraying was the gap on the bottom of the back window. dry that spot out really good.

Quote Originally Posted by fxchosen1 View Post
    Infiniti scene ftw !!

Had to come here for some help on my bad spots.

temperature might had played a big part on the texture. If it was a little too cold/fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by zara View Post
    temperature might had played a big part on the texture. If it was a little too cold/fresh.
    Houston, TX
    Hot and humid :/

Yeah, i figured i had to remove the weather stripping and about the rear window. Before i placed an order i went and look at my car to see where i might have issues spraying. Good looking out with the tips though! I only got four gallons. I was planning on doing the roof too, i might need to order one more gallon. I thought about vynil wrapping my roof so i can save the money, but a wrapping might be $100 at least. Overall, it came out nice (even though you said you got texture on parts of it).

Yeah, that was the problem then. Because in reality the gun does most of the work, so the texture will be fine as long as you keep the same distance. You did a good job though!

This looks awesome !!!!!

This is mine Fx. I dipped Front grill, handles, top rails, rear emblems and wheels. I might keep the bottom trim Black when i dip it White, still not sure..IMAG0812 (2).jpg

Looks good man. Yeah the bottom does look good black. I just did mine white because I didn't want it to look like there was a gap when I was bagged all the way down. I want to be tucking as much as posible.
    Be carful on the hood. It doesn't look like a problem but those curves will get you. I wish I would have used a step stool and took more time on it.