Thread: HVLP Sprayers

HVLP Sprayers

Are there any tips for spraying Plasti Dip via a air compressor powered HVLP gun as opposed to the electric ones DYC sells?

Dip-a-f*ckin-holic Dip of the Month Winner Jgieka's Avatar
    tips are as follows, don't waste your time, lol. no seriously it works, but you will spend a lot of time messing with it for the dip to come out consistently, and also if you run out of air before you finish a coat, your screwed. it can be done, but i recommend having a 50gal or bigger compressor and a 1.5-2.0 tip. or you could just get an electric one.

always test spray so you know how its spraying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jgieka View Post
    tips are as follows, don't waste your time, lol. no seriously it works, but you will spend a lot of time messing with it for the dip to come out consistently, and also if you run out of air before you finish a coat, your screwed. it can be done, but i recommend having a 50gal or bigger compressor and a 1.5-2.0 tip. or you could just get an electric one.
    I ask because I already have an air powered HVLP gun.

yeah i figured, i have a few, i tried to dip my roof with it, and my issue was, i kept running out of air, and it would shoot out chunks unexpectedly. so i bought an electric one.

yeah man i would go with electric one also
    I was sane once.
    A man named Fonzie came to me with a can
    It was what was in that can that drove me Mad
    -MAD MITO

Fourth Big Dipper (500/post)
    First Pro Dipper (1000/post)
    First Veteran Dipper (1500/post)
    Third OG Dipper (3000/post)
    Third KingPin Dipper (4000/post)

Hi what s the best back pack sprayer I have a Wagner but just seen fonzie using a back pack one and I think this is the newest one I am in uk but would like to get in look in DYC and that back pack sprayer look different to the one he was using in u tube anyone help.
    As my Wagner keeps spitting out chunks if rubber?
    Thank SJ

HVLP Sprayers

Quote Originally Posted by soildjoker View Post
    Hi what s the best back pack sprayer I have a Wagner but just seen fonzie using a back pack one and I think this is the newest one I am in uk but would like to get in look in DYC and that back pack sprayer look different to the one he was using in u tube anyone help.
    As my Wagner keeps spitting out chunks if rubber?
    Thank SJ
    B and q are selling this for 79 at the minute it's an earlex hv3900. I got or the other day.