Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does Plasti Dip last?! Whats the longest you've had a car Dipped?!

Dip-a-f*ckin-holic Dip of the Month Winner Jgieka's Avatar

How long does Plasti Dip last?! Whats the longest you've had a car Dipped?!

Hi everyone, I am trying to convince my fiancee to allow me to dip her car, she's all for it, but she wants to know how long it will last. If anybody could give me an idea that would be awesome!, I've only been working with it for a little while so not long enough to know by experience. How long have you had Your car dipped? Thanks!

It is claimed the normal plasti-dip will last 3-5 years while the UV resistant last 7-10 years.

Looooooong tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime!!!! Lol

does it really last that long, some people are saying it only last about 9 months, but i wanted to make sure.

It last for about a year if you treat it like crap but can last for 2-3 if you take good care of it

yeah but what about winters?

its just like regular paint, the better you take care of it it the longer it lasts. It should be fine in winter but watch snow banks.

awesome, thanks guys!

If you have a wide range of weather and park outside, expect 6-9 month show time out of dip. Of course it will live longer if garaged and kept in a state with consistent weather.

*edit* 'Spose I should redefine.... The material will last/survive much longer. If weathered 9 months (especially in winter and/or acidic rain) it will look like a shitty old tasteless car mod and may be embarrassing enough to make you want to peel.
    Last edited by Reyd_01; 08-16-2012 at 04:43 PM.

I will share my winter results with you since my a5 will remain dipped till winter is over then I will do a different color.

I live in mn and mine lasted almost 2 years only reason it failed was a fault of my own

March 2013 and summer of 2013.
    "Plasti-Dip is not Paint."

3 years here, in colorado. been through snow + several road trips to the coast. Held up great, probably re-spraying next month due to wear-and-tear (caused by me)

Monster Green MazdaSpeed3
    <a href=http://www.dipyourcar.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5490&d=1355331542 target=_blank>http://www.dipyourcar.com/forums/att...0&d=1355331542</a>
    www.Alaze.us

Re: How long does Plasti Dip last?! Whats the longest you've had a car Dipped?!

Dipped mine last May....still great.....then dipped over the top this may and still looks great. Plan on running the green until next spring then o will start all over.

-- Sent from my DNA --

Name is Chris
    2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 -- Electric Lime Green and Matte Black Body -- Anthracite Wheels -- Attitude inhereted through Mopar!!

Number of layers/total thickness of the dip also affects how long it will last? I live in south of Norway and we have all kind of weathers from heavy snow and storms with salt on the roads in the winther to hot sunny summers. So if I use an extra gallon and maintain washing and protection I guess it can last for a while?